Builder CPD - 2022 BetterBuilder Series
CertiSkill is excited to introduce our BetterBuilder Series. This 8 part series offers both Inhouse and onsite professional development training sessions for Building Companies and Construction Teams.
The series will cover key aspects of the application process, submission requirements and the legislative framework surrounding Class 1 and 10 development in NSW including preparing a new development for client handover.
BetterBuilder Series Sessions
$330 per session.
Customised packages are available for multiple sessions, please contact us to discuss.
Debit/Credit card payment via secure system (Stripe) as well as Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
The Sessions can be delivered in a wide range of delivery modes including Online (Webinar), Face to Face or Onsite via our “Onsite Classroom”.
Who Should Attend this Series
This series is designed for administrative and construction professionals involved in the residential building process, including
Looking to improve your team’s turnaround times for Complying Development Applications?
This session will identify the key differences in the DA and CDC pathway in NSW as well as break down the key compliance requirements that will assist in streamlining the submission and approval process under the CDC pathway.
- NSW Development Pathways (Development Application & Complying Development)
- Overview of the SEPP (Exempt & Complying Development) Codes 2008
- Submission Requirements for Complying Development in NSW
- Plan notations and key interpretations
Building or developing in NSW Greenfield areas?
This session will show you how to take full advantage of the SEPP Greenfields Code, highlight the key differences to the Housing Code & identify common mistakes when submitting applications for Complying Development.
- Legislation Overview
- Identifying Greenfield lots
- PT 3C, Greenfield Code Development Standards
- Key plan notations for Complying Development
Building or Developing in Bushfire Prone Areas in NSW?
This session will provide builders with an understanding of how to apply bushfire standards and legislation to building approvals and dwelling construction in NSW.
- Key Bushfire Legislation
- Development Standards – AS3959.2018
- Planning for Bushfire Protection 2019
- Demonstrating compliance before/during construction
Looking to prepare better for you r critical stage inspections?
This session will provide an overview of the legislative requirements for critical stage inspections in NSW including the types of inspections, when they need to be arranged and the implications of missed inspections on Occupation Certificates
- Legislation Overview – Critical Stage inspections
- Types of Inspections
- Common defects and submission requirements
- Missed inspection process
Wanting to provide a more streamline handover to your clients?
This session will provide an overview of the submission and construction requirements in NSW for issuing Occupation Certificate(s) for a new dwelling and the minimum standards for a new dwelling to be safe to occupy.
- Preparing a Dwelling for Final Inspection
- Applying for an Occupation Certificate
- Submission requirements for an Occupation Certificate Application
- Key information to provide property owners at handover
Building Attached Secondary dwellings or Dual Occupancies?
This session will take your team through the fire separation requirements for attached development including the Building Code requirements, the proprietary systems currently available on the market and when performance solutions are needed.
- BCA PT 3.7 Fire Separation requirements
- Plan Notations and Application Submission documents
- Types of Lightweight Separating walls systems
- CASE STUDY: Attached Secondary Dwelling
Expanding into Class 2 Construction?
This session will give builders an introduction to the construction & certification requirements of Class 2 Construction and highlight the key differences between Class 1 and Class 2 Development between each building code volume of the NCC Series.
- What is Class 2 Construction
- How to Apply BCA Vol 1 to Class 2 Construction
- Submission requirements for Construction Certificate
- Preparing the Site for Bounding Fire Sealing Inspection
- Submission and documentation requirements for Occupation Certificate
Looking for a better understanding of the construction requirements for BAL FZ construction when estimating or building?
This session will look in detail the changes to the assessment process for BAL FZ, typical construction requirements as detailed by the RFS in a DA Consent and analyse specific BAL FZ construction measures such as roof and eave construction.
- Approval process overview (RFS referral)
- Submission requirements & plan notations
- BAL FZ Construction standards
- Compliance documentation for Occupation Certificates
Looking to improve gain a better understanding of the implications of building/developing in Flood prone areas?
This session will analyse the planning requirements for development in flood prone areas, flood compatible materials and ensuring compliance during construction.
- Overview of Flood Planning & mapping
- Submission requirements for development in Flood Prone Areas (DA vs. CDC)
- Building Code requirements for development in Flood Prone areas
- Managing compliance during construction.
Wanting a better understating of the Building Sustainability Index (BASIX) requirements in NSW?
This session will provide you with an overview of the legislative and deemed to satisfy (DTS) energy efficiency requirements for residential development in NSW as well as outline the different types of certificates required for each type of development.
- Overview of BASIX in NSW
- Where to obtain a BASIX Certificate
- Types of BASIX Certificates
- Thermal Assessments
- Demonstrating compliance post construction
Expanding into dual occupancies, manor housing or terraces and would like to use the complying development pathway?
This session will provide an overview of the application and legal requirements for complying development under Part 3B, SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008 as well as explain the relationship between design guidelines and SEPP requirements.
- Overview of Low Rise Housing Diversity Code
- Identifying Site Permissability
- Low Rise Housing Diversity Design Guides
- Interpreting Part 3B, SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
- Submission requirements for Complying Development Applications
Pool builder or Home Builder wanting a better understanding of the Swimming Pool legislation?
This session will show you how to Interpret all applicable standards within the Pool legislation framework (SPA 1992, SPR 2008 & AS 1926.2012) when applying for and constructing new residential development in NSW
- Overview of the NSW Swimming Pools Act 1992
- Submission requirements for development including swimming pools
- Signage and fencing requirements during construction
- AS1926.2012 fencing requirements